Monday, May 28, 2012

White Squirrel Fest

 Hello faithful readers!  I hope you're having a fabulous holiday weekend.  We had family in town and spent Saturday at a local festival.

DSC_0103 - 2012-05-26 at 11-19-09

Here in Brevard we have a huge population of white squirrels.  Some folks think this is a myth, but I assure you I see at least 3 every day, in our yard, or elsewhere around town.


The town started a festival in their name 9 years ago, and it brings tons of people here to shop tent vendors, chow down on festival food, and listen to great music.  This year my hubby Frank played drums and sang backup vocals with one of the bands.  Our friend and neighbor Naren assembled a group to perform his original album.

DSC_0161 - 2012-05-26 at 15-32-21DSC_0173 - 2012-05-26 at 15-45-04

We've been together for eight years, and I had never heard Frank play until this weekend.  Well, I've heard him playing around a little here and there over the years, but this was the first real performance I'd witnessed.  I was so impressed!

DSC_0188 - 2012-05-26 at 15-46-26

See that image on the front of the drum?  It's the cover of the album, too.  Naren's son painted it as a representation of the earth.  And the name of the album is The World As I See It.  Cool, huh?

The Bean is walking all over the place lately.  She wandered around the crowd waving at people and babbling, not wanting to sit still.  We took turns following her around.

DSC_0115 - 2012-05-26 at 11-22-16

We put these earmuffs on her when we were close to the speakers.  Gotta protect those tiny ear drums! 

DSC_0148 - 2012-05-26 at 15-27-30

DSC_0209 - 2012-05-26 at 16-23-23

It was a beautiful day...sunny, and clear.

Sunday my gracious MIL hung out with EB so I could help Frank on the porch.  We got a lot done, and are hoping to be able to prime tomorrow.  I was head caulker today, and went through 4 tubes!  After priming, we'll paint.  Then he'll assemble and install the screens.  Then I'll furnish and decorate!  It's coming together, slowly but surely.

I want to say a huge thank you and God Bless to those who have served or are serving out country.  I am so grateful for the sacrifices you and your families make.  

What are y'all up to this weekend?

Subscribe here or like me on Facebook to keep up with dC.

6 comments:

  1. What a great day you had! I hope to hear Frank and the band one day soon. Elsie B looks adorable! What a cutie. I love the painting of the earth, too. Happy Memorial Day. God bless PopPop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear Frank play!!!!! So glad you had fun. We've had a very low key weekend. Pretty soon we'll take the baby out to the beach. Just not on a busy holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I can't wait to see Annie on the beach!

      Delete
  3. Go Frank! looks like you had a beautiful day there for the fest. Can't wait to see your porch in a couple of weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would truly love to hear from you! I read each comment and take them to heart. Let me know what you think, or if you have questions. Thanks so much for visiting! (FYI, your comment may not appear immediately.)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...