We started off at the massive Habitat Restore in Asheville. It's huge!
In addition to the warehouse space there's a more finished store. We saw some very cool pieces. Old mantels...
Leather chairs from the Grove Park Inn
Vintage school desk and chair
Antiques on display for a silent auction
A pair of marble top end tables. Wouldn't these be fabulous painted? Those carved details would pop, and the marble tops would shine against a pretty blue.
The books/music/art section was impressive.
They had quite a bit of original art. My favorite was this oil painting.
It was $75, so I left it there. I did buy an old $1 gilded frame. You'll hear more about that in my next post.
Next we went to The Screen Door. I chuckled this morning when I opened my Google Reader and saw that Rhoda posted about being there, too. It really is an incredible place, if you're into antiques and unique decor. We got some good ideas for our own DIY projects. Some of my favorites...
This gigantic white candelabra greets you as you walk in.
Check out the colors on those spools. And that light fixture is a metal bucket upside down, with holes poked for the light to come through. Adorable.
Vintage wooden odds and ends create a map
Same with denim!
Here's a neat way to hop on the letters trend...
This little boat was so precious. I think it was from an old amusement park ride of some sort. I can see it as a piece of folk art in a large room.
Mid century chairs
I love the way they've hung these chairs on the wall.
Woodsy chandelier
Vintage kerchiefs
I fell in love with this miniature doll's bed. I should have put Elsie in the pic to give you perspective of the size.
These Xs and Os were stamped on upholstery webbing. Love that! You could easily stamp out text for a banner along it. Pottery Barn used it as a Christmas tree garland...I'm saving that idea for next year.
Elsie politely let us know she was ready for some lunch (ha), so we wrapped it up and moved on. She's getting much more active and vocal lately. Especially when we're out. Here's Beth entertaining her so I could eat.
After a few more stops we grabbed coffee and a treat at West End Bakery.
Oh, and date night on Friday was great, too! We had some yummo oysters at Hobnob.
Our friend Shelley's all-girl band played...The Sundogs. They were excellent!
Fun times had by all this weekend! I'm stoked about my $1 frame, but would have loved to score a find like Rhoda's. She mentioned near the bottom of her post finding a thrift store near The Screen Door that had amazing prices. I'll have to scout that out soon.
Are you catchin' what I'm throwin'? Liking what you see? Don't miss a thing...Join This Site above!




























I can't believe that was all in a Habitat ReStore! Ours is like a dime and does not have nearly as good stuff! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis one is pretty good! Some of the things seem overpriced, but the sheer volume of stuff increases your chances of finding a good deal.
DeleteSounds like a fabulous day!! I loooove thrifting and those places look amazing.
ReplyDeleteIt was a GREAT day!
DeleteOh fun! WE took pics of some of the same stuff like that wall of spools & the rustic chandy. Had a great time in Asheville. Your little baby is just adorable & you are so cute too. Thanks for telling me you went too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Rhoda! Aren't those spools amazing?
DeleteOK, stop already!!! I so long to get back to the Hobnob and would love to visit the Habitat Restore...nicer than ours, too! Will make that a top priority next visit to Asheville...after a stop at Malaprops!
ReplyDeleteLet me know next time you're in town! I'll meet y'all there.
DeleteHi There! What a fun day... and you've inspired me to see if there is a Habitat Restore in the DFW area. Your baby girl is darling... i've got a little one, too, that is almost two. Nice to 'meet' you!
ReplyDelete