Friday, February 17, 2012

Thrifting Gems, Ceramic Animal Hook

When I go thrifting it seems like all of the really good stuff is way over priced.  Know what I  mean?  So frustrating!  But, occasionally I'll come across something I'm super happy to find at a really low price...and isn't that what thrifting is all about? 

I was stoked to find two matching lampshades in blue ticking stripe in great condition for only $1.25 each!  I have plans to spruce them up a bit and replace some old ones in EB's nursery.

I also picked up this sweet little candle holder church  It's made of metal, and the top comes off to access the inside. It will be great on our porch.  I can't wait to see those little windows glowing with candlelight.

My most favorite recent find needed an easy makeunder.


I've seen a few of these ceramic wall hooks around.  Check out this sweet little collection over at the House of Hepworths.
House of Hepworths
Katie Bower has a cow hook with a story from her Grandmother.
Bower Power

And I found these currently for sale:
Anthro
RockettStGeorge
I gave my little duck some attention, and I like her much better now. 

I had thought I'd hang her in the kitchen, but realized I'd rather save her for the porch.  Maybe I'll give her a coat of bright spray paint at some point.  We'll see.  I'll keep my eye out for any more animals like this at thrift stores.  They'd make a nice little collection, don'tcha think?  Let me know if you guys see any!  Have you had any good recent finds?


 Don't miss a thing...subscribe here or like me on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. I love the duck! I'm going to have to keep my eye out too... so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That duck went from country bumpkin to cool dude! I have the cow but still need to hang him - love that you used him as a towel holder! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my kitchen reno - glad to have found another thrifting diva!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks lovely! thanks for visiting my blog and for the macaroon link :-) am following you back
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete

I would truly love to hear from you! I read each comment and take them to heart. Let me know what you think, or if you have questions. Thanks so much for visiting! (FYI, your comment may not appear immediately.)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...