Monday, February 20, 2012

Road Trip

Elsie and I have been on a road trip this week.  We spent a few days at the beach and enjoyed the beautiful, unseasonably warm weather.   Indulge me for a few minutes as I share our adventures.

This was the second time Elsie has been to the beach since she's been able to really explore.  She was fascinated by the sand and shells.  We were in Wrightsville Beach, NC.  We were there to help with some upgrades to my inlaw's place.  Sprucing up the kitchen and window treatments....fun stuff!  Really.  I love it.




We mostly had the beach to ourselves, but loved seeing a few dogs walk by.  She's way into animals right now.

See the gentle breeze blowing her luscious locks?  Haha.

At home we don't have stairs, so this was a fun new game.  I was surprised at how quickly she can get to the top!

She loved pushing this old play pen on wheels around.

So, I stopped by a consignment shop and picked this toy up for $3.50.  Score! 

She pushed it around for a solid 20 minutes, so concentrated and determined.

 After the beach we headed to New Bern, NC to my Mom's place.   She has a beautiful, light-filled little flat on the river. 

Next up:  a friend's baby shower in Greenville, NC.  This group of six girls was my circle of college friends. I don't think any of us believed we'd still be friends 10 years later.  I left Elsie with my mom, and the girls and I started the day with pedis. 
Anna, Caroline, Kelly

We had lunch al fresco at an old burger place, Cubbies. 
me, Caroline

Mom and Elsie met us at the shower.
Frannie, Caroline, Kelly (w/EB), Summer, Mama Anna, me

After a fun dinner out at Atavola the six of us had a mini-shower for the new mama and a slumber party!  

EB and I are on my way back home today.  We have a 6.5 hour drive home (with stops: 7-8 hours?).  Traveling solo with a babe is tough stuff.  I've done it a few times, and each time I tell myself I'll never do it again.  It helped this time that we had several stops along the way, and that the trip was spread out over a week.

Still, life is so much easier (and more fun!) when Frank comes along.  He couldn't get away this week, but me staying home with Elsie allows the two of us to travel a bit.  And it's a welcome change from our daily routine at home.  Anyway, how do single parents do it all of the time?  And how does anyone do it with more than one child? 

Don't miss a thing...subscribe here or like me on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun little trip! I love road tripping.. more with my girlfriends and not the kids, but one day I am sure that will be fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you before that your daughter is gorgeous? Oh my goodness, do you just melt every time you look at her or what?! Anyways, looks like you had a great time. I miss NC beaches something fierce, I used to live in Charlotte and that's only a few hours away. We just booked our summer OBX trip... can't wait to get some of that sand on MY hand!

    ReplyDelete

I would truly love to hear from you! I read each comment and take them to heart. Let me know what you think, or if you have questions. Thanks so much for visiting! (FYI, your comment may not appear immediately.)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...