One of my New Year's goals/resolutions was to replace my nightly glass of wine with a cup of hot tea. I do still enjoy wine on the weekends (yay for Friday!), but during the week I've been experimenting with different teas.
I am the kind of girl who likes rich, spicy, boldly flavored food and drink. For wine? Give me a full-bodied red. Steak? Filet with blue cheese. Coffee? Strong with cream. Thai food? Hot.
So, finding a tea to suit my taste has been a challenge. I wanted to find a caffeine free tea that I would enjoy as is, without adding sweeteners or milk. In the past I've enjoyed Earl Grey and Constant Comment (sweetened), but I was looking for something new.
Here are a few of the teas I've recently tried.
None of these quite satisfied. The flavors were just too mild, and in some cases, left a bitter aftertaste.
I did find two that I love.
Yogi Lemon Ginger has a strong peppery ginger taste initially, then mellows to a smooth, sweeter lemon flavor. That juxtaposition of spicy and sweet is really nice.
But, Stash Licorice Spice is by far my favorite. It is so rich and sweet,
all on it's own. I'm not sure exactly which of the natural ingredients
makes it sweet, but it needs no sugar. I'm exited to try it iced this summer! Of course, you have to be a fan of licorice flavor to enjoy this tea. Obviously I am. One of the best things about Spring is the whole bags full of only black jelly beans sold with the Easter Candy!
I first tried it from a Stash sample pack, but when I looked to buy a box of just Licorice Spice, I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked at 5-6 stores! So, I checked Amazon, and found a great deal...100 bags for $14, shipped free.
Tonight, though? Cabernet.
Do you guys have favorite teas? Any recommendations? Have a great weekend!



When I started reading this post I thought "oh my gosh I'm going to have to recommend lemon ginger or licorice tea." But you're so on top of it :) Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteMy sister and I just recently came across Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Tea... It's a great blend of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla and is PERFECT with milk and a bit of honey!
ReplyDeleteLove that mug! My favorite teas are Good Earth Sweet & Spicy, any kind of peppermint tea, and Tazo Wild Sweet Orange. Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteStash Licorice Spice sounds great...I am going to try this evening ritual too...so calming...and with a warm bath. Indulgent. :)
ReplyDeleteI actually got some of that Licorice tea at Ingles a while ago in the clearance trolley, I love it, It's so yummy.... I also love any peppermint tea.
ReplyDelete